Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Title Dilemma

I’m working on a short story right now.  The title I have for it is “The Lie”.  I can’t use this title; at least I don’t think so.  Sometimes I think it sounds boring, other times I think it sound ominous.  A title option I came up with this weekend was “On Solace”.  I don’t know if I like it either.  The story is about a young woman who is the kind of person who feels alone in a crown.  She’s down, though she pretends to be upbeat and positive.  She wants to be alone, but puts aside her feelings to help her friend who is going through an emotional difficulty.  She wonders if the lie she is living can become the truth.

Can a lie become true if you repeat it enough?

As good as I feel now, as much as it may seem that I am heading towards wholeness, I feel that this is only a temporary reprieve. Gabrielle’s positivity is infectious. But my mind will heal itself; stop adapting to the emotions of my friend. I will go back to seek solace. This is not the end. This is not even a beginning.  It is another ripple in a dark pool.



No comments:

Post a Comment