Thursday, June 23, 2011

You're Fired!

I wrote this a few days ago. It’s a bit of self-indulgent fantasy. Is it terrible I wish a certain someone was fired? I hope not. Though this is not the situation I’ve had to deal with, it did give me an idea for the beginning of a story. Can I make it into something more? I don’t know. I think it has potential.

“I have to say this, you’re fired.”

“What?” Angela couldn’t believe what she was hearing. How could they be firing her from her office? She ran things. She administrated everyone’s jobs for them. She kept the knowledge flow. She did all the difficult work. They would fall apart without her.

“Angela, what do you think we’ve been talking about for the last,” The young supervisor looked up at his wall clock, “30 minutes?” He couldn’t believe it had taken him thirty minutes to get this woman to understand that he was letting her go. Did she even understand yet? He wondered.

No comments:

Post a Comment