Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Turning Something Old Into Something New... Or At Least Refurbished

I did some writing yesterday. If I can get ten minutes today, maybe I'll be on my way to writing everyday. What I wrote I think is the ending to a short story I had left for dead. I liked the premise of the story and the basic storyline, but it would just not come together for me. I added a love triangle because I wanted to make it more interesting, then later realized it made the story childish. Instead I'm mostly removing the other woman and I am instead going to focus on the man's extreme behaviour. I wrote this story, ten years ago, tried re-writing it five or six years ago, and now I'm trying again. Is this too much? Should I not even bother? Or if I think the new re-write could work, do I go for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment