Thursday, May 2, 2013

Draft One Finished!

Yay!
I finished the first draft of the non-fiction story I have been working on since last July.  I can't describe the feeling I had last night... or the feelings I'm having today as I think about it.

I've put it aside.  That's what you're supposed to do, right?  You're supposed to step back and let it simmer for a week.  That way you're coming back to the work with a fresh perspective.  I can't stop thinking about it.  That's probably why the advice is weight a whole week, you need the time.

What do I do next?  I read it and edit.  Then... I make my Hubby read it.  He reads everything I write.  I also have a girlfriend who knows I've been working on this and has been waiting for me to finish it so she can read it too.  Then, do I need Beta Readers?  Probably, yes.  Where do I find them?  The Internet?  Bah!  I need to figure out what to do.  In a week.  In a week, I'll figure out what to do.  Or something.


No comments:

Post a Comment