Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sharing Some Non-Fiction

Here is a little bit of the non-fiction I've been working on lately.  I'm sure it needs editing.  I've only read it over once, which is never enough....

I was just making a cup of tea.  The kettle boiled.  This is where I wasn’t paying enough attention.  I reached over the kettle.  I think I stifled my scream.  Burns from steam hurt.  A lot.  There was no ice in the freezer.  Once I showed the President of the company and a couple other co-workers my would (that was quickly getting red and blistered) someone suggested I put aloe on it.  I ran out to a local pharmacy and got some, but I didn’t know what to get.  I should have asked a pharmacist while I was there.  I should have gotten ice on it.

I spent most of that day coating my wrist with green gel.  I watched it intently.  It just got worse and worse.  At least my aloe gel kept it from constantly hurting.  It was gross.  It was a triangular blister.  Eventually, the blister went away and turned into a dark scar.  Now, it is a light, polka-dotted triangle.  It’s become part of my arm, but if I ever really look at it, I remember what happened, the story behind it and after writing this, all the stories that come after it.

No comments:

Post a Comment