Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I Think That's A Love Triangle!

What did I do!?!

I've been working on a novel, off and on for the past... while.  I've been thinking about it more and more as my non-fiction first draft was finished and my short stories are being edited.  What do I want to do with this novel (besides finish it)?  I think about the plot.  I think about the characters.  I want to change my main character's job. I'm thinking about her relationships with the other characters.  (How many is too many supporting characters?)  Then I think about her "love-interest".  He's not really, but he is.... Then, there is someone else, who is off-limits and so she never considers him as a romantic possibility.  I didn't either until the story started developing. Then, what do I realize?  It's well....a sort of....LOVE TRIANGLE.  Yikes!  I've said several times that I'm not a big fan of love triangles unless they're done well. I never wanted a love triangle in my novel.  But there it is.  What do I do? Do I hope that I do it well?  Do I take it out?  Bah!

No comments:

Post a Comment