Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Random #31 - Is This A Resolution?


I think I am going to start recording quotes and passages from books.  I see other readers doing this all the time.  I used to when I was in school, but that was because I was studying the book and needed these quotes, topics, themes, etc., for whatever project or essay I was working on.  I think school made recording quotes seem like work to me, instead of allowing myself to be immersed in the story.  That's not to say I've never written down a quote since school, but it seems to be from only one book a year.  Sometimes passages do jump out at me, but I don't get up to write it down, I just smile, maybe think about it a bit, then keep reading.

Does this count as a resolution?  I don't know.  It's just coincidental that I'm thinking about this close to the new year.  I feel like if I resolve to do it, then it's destined to fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment