Sunday, January 11, 2015

Last Week #17 - Two Novels

Ready to work!
Last week I talked about my confusion, that I had started thinking about my two novels.  I've decided, that with the older novel, I'm going to gather all the bits and try to form some kind of outline.  Not only do I feel that this is where my creativity is heading, but I also feel like I need to do it for my own piece of mind. If I were to focus on the newer novel, I'd be working on it, while thinking about the old one.  Makes sense, right?  So, I've gone into a gathering faze. I'm searching through my notebooks to find the notes I've scribbled, the conversations that popped into my head over the past couple years.  I'm collecting them, and sort of labeling them.  Once that's done, I'll try to arrange them, connect them, then see what I have.

I just found this today, something my main character says to someone (either her therapist or her sister). "Sometimes I don't know if I'll make it out of this story alive.  Why?  All because I fell for the desperately intriguing face on the other side of my door."  She says this seriously, because she honestly wonders if she is going to die.  I'm wondering what else I've had her say that I just don't remember.  I'll be finding out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment