Sunday, March 8, 2015

Last Week #23 - A New Scene Idea

My novel arc.
Just when I think I'm ready to move on to another stage of my novel writing, I get another random idea for a scene.  Where will it go in the arc?

Last week was very busy for me.  I got a new job and spent the last week training, commuting to a location far from home, but it is worth it; the long commute will only be for training.  So, I didn't write a lot.  (I read a lot though, commuting on a train gives me a lot of reading time.)  I did find a moment, though, when the beginning of a scene hit me.  Here's a couple rough sentences: 

Taryn gazed out the window, taking in the sunlight, the bright green grass and the parking lot, cars belonging to her co-workers and to people she had never met.  Did any of them know?  Did they know what was happening to her, in the world outside these brick walls, outside the box of normalcy?

I didn't write much more than that, but it was something.  It made me feel good.  If I didn't write that, I would have felt like I was losing my novel, my energy for it.  Writing just a few sentences for it, brought it back to the forefront of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment