Thursday, July 9, 2015

Random #52 - Dictation

I recently got a new phone and the phone on the keyboard has a little microphone button that I can use to turn what I'm saying into typed words (like in this post). I've used it a couple times to send text messages while I've been busy. I'm trying to decide if I can use it more often. What I've discovered is that after a certain number of characters, the microphone stops recording and the keyboard pops back up. It's not perfect, I still have to go back and fix little things, but it's pretty good if I want to get a quick note down or multitask. It's a little weird though because I'm talking to myself.

Now that I think about it, I think my old phone had that little mic on the keyboard too, but it did not do as good a job as this one. The phone was getting a little (maybe a lot) old. But now I have a new one and I'm trying to use all the features to make my life easier. If I'm going to own a "smart" phone, I should be smart while using it, right? Let's see if I get into the habit of talking to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment