Monday, March 28, 2016

Last Week #58 - Happy Easter!

Here's a bunny! Hope everyone had a 
great Easter weekend.
Easter took over my weekend. Visiting family and friends, hosting family and friend, while still managing to sneak away and see a movie (Batman V Superman). I spent a lot of time cooking. I made a turkey, which turned out really well. I also made a broccoli and cauliflower casserole, which tastes way better than it sounds. There was none left. There is never any left and I take it to almost every family dinner. It's gotten to the point where I am pretty much expected to make it. (The original recipe is from the Kraft website, but I've made a few changes. I'm not giving away all my secrets right now, but mine does not look like the picture on the site. I stick mine under the broiler to get a nice crust on the top.) So, I was busy.

When we went visiting on Sunday, however, I took some of my work-in-progress with me. It's difficult to write in the car, but it was a 2 hour drive, so I try to give it a go whenever I can. I ended up writing about a page, so not terrible, with the car and husband and kids to distract me. I'm also writing an awkward scene. It's supposed to be awkward between the characters, but that's also made it awkward to write. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment