Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Random #74 - I Read The Comments

I need to stop reading the comments.  I read articles I find interesting, everything from Marvel to Feminism. Stats, infographics, Huffington Post videos. Items posted to Twitter and Facebook, from blogs around the web. I like the information. I want to know what’s going on in the world. For some reason lately, I’ve been scrolling down and reading the comments left by other viewers/readers. Big mistake. Some are so nice or helpful or inspire intelligent debates. Others are rude, vulgar, simplistic, hate-filled, and just plain scary. They make my mad.  Why am reading the comments after taking in the information from whatever news source?It makes me so sad, so upset, that people could behave this way. It's the 21st Century. I keep thinking we, as a planet, have come so far, but there are some who are stuck, living in a hate-filled world. Why do I read the comments when I know how it will make me feel? I’m doing it to myself.  I should know better. I do occasionally stop myself. I have to stop myself more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment